Monday, August 2, 2010

Why blog?

Previously, when something irked me, I would get the undeniable urge to rant about it in writing. I would do so in my "notes" section on Facebook, which would have undesirable repercussions. As vague as I would try to be, the protagonist who's actions irked me in the first place would usually figure it out and try to cause me or my reputation harm, or other actual friends might be guilty of the things I ridicule and take offense. So, I figured I'd let off some steam elsewhere, and let strangers be offended instead of friends... or maybe amused, even. Or these rants can sit here unread, but at least typing them out would give me some sort of satisfaction, if only by getting words and phrases out of my head and onto a screen.

These rants won't be of a continuing theme, though as I work in a bar, I'm sure a lot of what I have to say will be about shitty customers. I hope not to become one of many service industry blogs, simply because there are so many out there, and I doubt I have anything to say on the topic that hasn't been said yet (hurr, non-tippers suck). But yeah. If that's what's on my mind after working 5 nights a week, can you blame me?

I'll copy and paste some old rantings from more private journals to get the ball rolling while I formulate my opinions on more recent piss-offs, so if anyone stumbles upon this blog, there will be content waiting for them.

Here goes nothing. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you started. As I said a few comments back, I hope you don't mind that I left so many.

    Enjoyed it immensely. Can't wait to read more.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete